Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Resolving to Celebrate Anything at All

I had made a resolution in starting this new blog that I would consider it an exercise in discipline to post regularly.  By regularly, I thought twice a week at minimum would be acceptable.  In addtition to that, I resolved to make it a habit to add to my current manuscript in some productive fashion.  So much for resolutions, whether they be a new diet, relationships, or any other facet of life.  The problem is life.  Life throws a monkey wrench in it every single time.  And, of course, we never anticipate these stumbling blocks that encourage us to say, "I just can't do it today.  I'll get back on track tomorrow."  So, I spent several hours (I counted at least 8) last week in doctor's offices with my son.  I got tempted into watching American Idol too much.  Excuses abound.

Instead of thinking about all the tasks I DIDN'T accomplish last week, I'm going to celebrate that I got anything done at all.  I did write two chapters in my book.  I did finally finish reading the book my sister lent me.  I did register for the Romance Writers of America conference in July. I did add a cool widget with my favorite books on the right panel of this blog.  I did finally get finished watching The Bachelor.  I did finish listening to Catching Fire.  I did back-up my husband's files from his work laptop.  I did file my son's taxes.  Heck....I have changed my mind.  I really did get some things accomplished.  Woo hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment